Date:      Wed, 10 Feb 1999 09:55:49 -0500 (EST)
From:      jack <jack@germanium.xtalwind.net>
To:        Sheldon Hearn <axl@iafrica.com>
Cc:        Richard Wackerbarth <rkw@nomad.dataplex.net>, John Fieber <jfieber@indiana.edu>, Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Heads up! /etc/rc.conf.site is dead.

On Wed, 10 Feb 1999, Sheldon Hearn wrote:

> On Tue, 09 Feb 1999 20:42:40 CST, Richard Wackerbarth wrote:
>
> > But, I would not expect/allow "defaults" to be the mechanism
> > which includes the "real" values.
>
> Neither would I, but only because this hasn't been made clear in such
> a way that guys like you and me "get it". I reckon that a comment in
> /etc/rc.conf explaining that it's a set of values used to _override_
> those in /etc/defaults/rc.conf ought to do the trick, eh?

That would probably work.  I'm not really oppposed to this
concept I'd just like to see it documented in the distribution so
that the lists aren't over run with questions when it hits the
street and those who haven't been `heads uped' by the lists are
in a state of confusion.

Jack O'Neill                    Systems Administrator / Systems Analyst
jack@germanium.xtalwind.net     Crystal Wind Communications, Inc.
          Finger jack@germanium.xtalwind.net for my PGP key.
   PGP Key fingerprint = F6 C4 E6 D4 2F 15 A7 67   FD 09 E9 3C 5F CC EB CD
               enriched, vcard, HTML messages > /dev/null