Date:      Fri, 17 Oct 1997 14:34:11 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
To:        Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
Cc:        Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Need source...

> : And the problem is?  I've got 3 OS's on my 800MB drive, Win95,
> : FreeBSD-2.1 (stable non-changing unix environment), and FreeBSD-current
> : (development environ with OS sources on it that is *very* tight on disk
> : space.)  I had to double-space the Win95 partition to get it to work,
> : but it does.  Unfortunately, I wasn't able to squeeze X onto the FreeBSD
> : installations due to disk space.
>
> But I want X :-).  It sounds like I can get most of what I want under
> FreeBSD, however.  -current has been stable enough for me for a long
> time, so I may just run that.

Then you probably have enough room for X.  The double-space under Win95
was the biggest factor in me being able to get both on the 800MB.  (That
and the fact that I don't do a whole lot under '95).

> : You may try out Japan Palmtop Direct, which is who we bought our
> : Librettos from before they were sold in the U.S.
> :
> : http://www.mmjp.or.jp/jpd/frames73.htm
>
> I'll have to take a look there.
>
> Did you get the US or japanese keyboard?  the us keyboard has one
> fewer columns of keys on it, which makes its keys a little larger.

We got Japanese units, since that's all that was available.  I'm sure
larger keys would help, although we have another box from there, and it
has about a 25% larger keyboard, and it's still annoying to use.  I
would think the keyboard needs to be about 33% bigger than the Libretto
for it to be useful a 'regular' laptop.

Nate