Date:      Sat, 29 Jun 2002 12:32:31 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>
To:        Lev Serebryakov <lev@serebryakov.spb.ru>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Driver for device on serial (COM) port

in -current, we have a new netgraph node ng_device
that gives a device interface to netgraph.

We also have the ng_tty node that attaches to a tty
as a 'line disciplin'

adding a node between these to do you own stuff would give you what you
want.
(the ng_device node shuld be Merged from current soon
and you could even do it yourself.. it shouldn't be hard)

in any case you probably want to attach to the tty as a line disciplin of
some kind.. for example there is a graphics-tablet disciplin
around somewhere (but I don't know where).