Date:      Tue, 25 Mar 2003 10:28:45 -0800
From:      Johnson David <DavidJohnson@Siemens.com>
To:        Bluezmo <bluezmo@earthlink.net>, newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Hmm

On Tuesday 25 March 2003 07:09 am, Bluezmo wrote:
> Thanks to all that kindly responded to my query.  I've decided to
> install Linux rather than mess with BSD at the present time.  I'm
> doing so because it appears that I may have a better chance of
> achieving an install with more devices functioning.  However, I did
> want to thank you all because you did respond with some insightful
> suggestions.

It's not an either-or choice. FreeBSD is free as well. It won't cost you
anything but time to try it out, same as Linux. So when you mess up
your Linux install (a rite of passage), give FreeBSD a whirl for a
while as well.

David

p.s. To keep from going insane under Linux, I would suggest Slackware.
It has a bit steeper learning curve, but has no "differentiators" to
distract you.