Date:      Thu, 5 Apr 2001 11:57:26 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Ferdinand Goldmann <ferdl@atommuell.oeh.uni-linz.ac.at>
To:        <dreamwvr@dreamwvr.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-small@FreeBSD.ORG>, Luigi Rizzo <luigi@info.iet.unipi.it>, "E.B. Dreger" <eddy+public+spam@noc.everquick.net>
Subject:   Re: PicoBSD & 1720K floppies

Hello.

On Wed, 4 Apr 2001 dreamwvr@dreamwvr.com wrote:

>   Have you tried 'syslinux' it is a boot loader that might work for this
> sort of situation ..? let me know as i have been wanting to try this for
> a 'long' time TIA

How is this supposed to work? From the syslinux documentation:

	SYSLINUX is a boot loader for the Linux operating system which
	operates off an MS-DOS/Windows FAT filesystem.  It is intended to
	simplify first-time installation of Linux, and for creation of rescue-
	and other special-purpose boot disks.

It seems to me that SYSLINUX can only operate on MS-DOS floppies, so it
looks like it is useless in this case.

Besides, the "not ufs" messages comes from the boot2 loader program,
boot2.c:            printf("Not ufs\n");
so changing the boot sector wont help here - right?

Regards,
Ferdinand