Date:      Mon, 11 Feb 2002 09:50:08 -0800 (PST)
From:      swear@blarg.net (Gary W. Swearingen)
To:        freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: docs/34758: Irrelevant comment in killall(1) manpage

The following reply was made to PR docs/34758; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: swear@blarg.net (Gary W. Swearingen)
To: rantapaa@uswest.net
Cc: Peter Pentchev <roam@ringlet.net>,
	"Jakob Borg" <jakob@borg.pp.se>, bug-followup@FreeBSD.org,
	Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@FreeBSD.org>
Date: 11 Feb 2002 09:38:49 -0800

 "Jakob Borg" <jakob@borg.pp.se> writes:

 > On Monday 11 February 2002 09.50, Peter Pentchev wrote:
 >
 > > This is a fun one: I guess the submitter made the same mistake I did
 > > once before.  The manual page in question, containing the Linux-specific
 > > text, comes from the sysutils/psmisc port :)  This is not a FreeBSD
 > > problem, this is a problem of the psmisc package and should be brought
 > > up with the psmisc author, Werner Almesberger
 > > <werner.almesberger@lrc.di.epfl.ch>.
 >
 > Indeed this seems to be the case. Thank you for clearing it up.

 From pkg-comment:
     A port of the Linux pstree, killall and pidof commands

 It seems wrong to ask the Linux people to make the Linux "killall" man
 page to not mention "Linux" (or "non-Linux" in this case).  I suppose
 it makes some sense, so others will disagree, but if you're going to ask
 them to change, please be extraordinarily polite.

 I've CC'd the port maintainer.  Let's see what he has to say about it.