Date:      Tue, 9 Jan 2001 19:38:06 +0300
From:      Odhiambo Washington <wash@iconnect.co.ke>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Mass install automation

* jheath@istrength.net <jheath@istrength.net> [20010109 19:18]: writing on the subject 'Mass install automation'
jheath> I need to install a large number of FreeBSD boxes (50-100+). I am looking for
jheath> the most automated way to do this. Creating a install.cfg seems to be more
jheath> automated but not to the extent I would like.
jheath>
jheath> VA Linux has a project on Source Forge called System Imager ( or see
jheath> http://www.systemimager.org/ ). This is the type of solution that I am looking
jheath> for. With this tool I can set up an 'image server' then replicate that install
jheath> with its customazations to any number of mahines fairly quickly.
jheath>
jheath> If any one knows of a FreeBSD product like this and/or another solution I could
jheath> use it would be highly appreciated. Thanks.

http://people.freebsd.org/~alfred/pxe is the place to go.
Haven't tried it though but I believe it was made with FreeBSd at heart.

HTH

-Wash

--
Odhiambo Washington Inter-Connect Ltd.,
wash@iconnect.co.ke 5th Flr Furaha Plaza

If you don't care where you are, you're not lost.