Date:      Mon, 10 Dec 2001 14:15:28 -0800 (PST)
From:      Donnie Jones <donniejones18@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Fwd: Re: For Apache Gurus

--0-518154114-1008022528=:26954

Note: forwarded message attached.

http://greetings.yahoo.com
--0-518154114-1008022528=:26954

Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2001 14:14:28 -0800 (PST)
From: Donnie Jones <donniejones18@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: For Apache Gurus
To: joe@jwebmedia.com

--- Joe Koenig <joe@jwebmedia.com> wrote:
> I've got a FreeBSD 4.3 server setup connected to a
> T1. The machine is
> behind a firewall. Whenever I go to the server (via
> IP number), it takes
> about 2 seconds before it respondes, after the
> server is contacted.

<snip>

 I'm figuring
> it has something to
> do with an apache configuration or something. I
> checked to make sure
> HostNameLookups was off in my conf. I have a feeling
> it's apache related
> - if I connect to the machine via SSH, the
> connection goes right thru
> immediately. Any ideas of what I should check?
> Thanks,
>
> Joe

All right, I am not an apache guru, but I'd check to
see if in your httpd.conf file you have apache
listening to a specific port, such as port 80, that
may help out the connection speed.  Also, is your fir
ewall set up for the apache access?  What I am saying
is that maybe your firewall should have a line
specifically for access to the port 80 on your server.

Just some ideas.

-Donnie