Date:      Sun, 5 Aug 2001 15:40:03 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
To:        freebsd-bugs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: misc/29413: Lost local network contact with 4.3-R machine.

The following reply was made to PR misc/29413; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
To: Henrik Holmstam <turbo@home.se>
Cc: freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.ORG
Date: Sun, 5 Aug 2001 15:30:56 -0700

 --O3RTKUHj+75w1tg5

 On Fri, Aug 03, 2001 at 05:50:50AM -0700, Henrik Holmstam wrote:

 > The machine is using the 'rl' (RealTek 8139) network driver. This
 > problem has happened before. I am using NAT on the machine.

 Realtek is a crap network card.  That may be your problem.

 > >How-To-Repeat:
 > Just let it be on and the problem will come, after about say 2 weeks.

 If you want anyone to help you on this one, you'll need to do a lot
 more detective work yourself because there's a limit to how much we
 can guess from over here with no details.

 Kris

 --O3RTKUHj+75w1tg5

 --O3RTKUHj+75w1tg5--