Date:      Tue, 21 Nov 2000 14:43:23 -0600 (CST)
From:      Chris Dillon <cdillon@wolves.k12.mo.us>
To:        gerti-freebsds@bitart.com
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG, Francisco Reyes <fran@reyes.somos.net>
Subject:   Re: 4.2 Showstopper? Belkin KVM switch problems with FreeBSD 4.2 (Keyboard not found)

On Mon, 20 Nov 2000, Gerd Knops wrote:

> Since I updated from 4.1 to 4.2RC1, my Belkin OmnieView Pro
> (F1D108-OSD) is not working properly anymore. The symptoms: If the
> system is rebooted while selected on the KVM switch, everything is
> fine. If the system is rebooted while another system is selected,
> the keyboard is not found:

I doubt this is FreeBSD's problem.  If you switch between systems with
that switch WHILE the system is booting, you get these problems.  If
you leave it alone and don't switch to or away from that system while
it is booting, it works fine.  I've seen the same problem with a
similar KVM switch, the Belkin F1D208-OSD, which is just a
two-user/eight-machine version of the one you have.  The problem
occurred on older versions of FreeBSD (2.2.8 and 3.5) and even on NT4
Server.

Anyway, I'll update the 4.1.1-STABLE box I have on there to 4.2-STABLE
just to make sure.

-- Chris Dillon - cdillon@wolves.k12.mo.us - cdillon@inter-linc.net
   FreeBSD: The fastest and most stable server OS on the planet.
   For IA32 and Alpha architectures. IA64 and PowerPC under development.
   http://www.freebsd.org