Date:      Wed, 23 Jun 1999 15:20:21 -0400
From:      "Kelly Yancey" <kbyanc@alcnet.com>
To:        <freebsd-advocacy@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Team FreeBSD progress charts

  Sorry for sending another update so closely after the last. Let me first
say thanks to all of the people who had responded to my question of who
owned the freebsd@distributed.net e-mail address. Not surprisingly, the
answer was David McNett (the maintainer of the rc5des port). As for having
freebsd@distributed.net join Team FreeBSD, David made a good point that
there are several FreeBSD-related teams (actually only 3 which are active),
and it would be unfair to just give the blocks completed by people using the
freebsd@distributed.net address in the clients to any one of the teams. This
is unfortunate (well, for Team FreeBSD), and I can only encourage partipants
interested in pushing Team FreeBSD to #1 in the distributed.net stats to
make sure their clients are submitting blocks using their personal e-mail
addresses rather than the default freebsd@distributed.net address (and then
joining the team, of course). Instructions for joining the team and for
verifying which e-mail address you are submitting key blocks as are on the
Team FreeBSD site at http://www.posi.net/freebsd/Team-FreeBSD/

  Now, what this posting is really about...the Team FreeBSD progress charts
are now on-line at http://www.posi.net/freebsd/Team-FreeBSD/graphs/ which
include plots of the team's progress updated daily. Their are graphs of the
team's keyrate and the number of blocks completed, as well as graphs
comparing our progress to our immediate neighbors in the teams rankings.

  Since anyone can get the latest news on Team FreeBSD from our web site, I
promise I won't say anything else about Team FreeBSD here on -advocacy for a
while :) ... that is, not until I can participant stats graphs on-line too.

  Thanks for all the support! Team FreeBSD's average keyrate has been
increasing steadily and hopefully with a little more participation we can
really start climbing up the rankings (we've got some stiff competition).

  Kelly
 ~kbyanc@posi.net~
  FreeBSD - The Power To Serve - http://www.freebsd.org/
  Join Team FreeBSD - http://www.posi.net/freebsd/Team-FreeBSD