Date:      Fri, 31 Oct 1997 20:44:14 +0000
From:      James Raynard <fhackers@jraynard.demon.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD slogan/advert ideas

On Fri, Oct 31, 1997 at 01:59:15AM -0600, Matthew D. Fuller wrote:

> 1) A picture of a duck hitting a computer with a hammer, labeled Windows
> 3.1
> 2) a picture of a computer chokeing it's operator, labeled Windows 95
> 3) a picture of a typewriter, labeled Windows NT.

Seeing as it's Friday, how about a FreeBSD promo video?

1. A picture of a user happily using a computer labelled FreeBSD, with Chuck
smiling benevolently in the background.

Voice over: "FreeBSD is a highly stable OS, resulting from many man-years
of development work.  A wide range of applications are provided and many
more can be installed using a few simple commands" etc

2. Chuck waves his trident and the computer is suddenly connected to the
Internet.  User beams with delight as the FreeBSD home page comes up.

V/o "FreeBSD comes with highly advanced, tried and tested, networking
software, the same software used by the majority of the world's Internet
servers.  FreeBSD is an ideal platform for Web servers on internal and
external corporate networks" blah blah

3. Chuck waves his trident again and our user is connected to lots of
other friendly faces all networking away on FreeBSD boxes.

V/o "FreeBSD allows you to add users to your network without having to
worry about licensing complications"

4. Chuck challenges the user to a game of deathmatch Doom (sorry, this
corporate bullsh*t's getting on my nerves).

--
James Raynard, Edinburgh, Scotland.
james@jraynard.demon.co.uk