Date:      Wed, 28 Jul 1999 13:27:01 +1000
From:      "Andrew Johns" <A_Johns@TurnAround.com.au>
To:        "Mark Bannar-Martin" <mbannar-martin@pearson-college.uwc.ca>, "freebsd-questions" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Dual CPU hardware Newbie question

A 486 could easily do this for a small number of people - remember, the
bottleneck here is the ethernet speed (approx 6-700kB/sec max for 10Meg
ethernet), which is slower than the speed with which the PC can read
data from the hard disk.  Remembering that we are approaching 2000,
however, you'd want to be certain that the motherboard is compliant, so
a low-end Pentium is what you'd probably want.

As for the FreeBSD version, I'd pick a -STABLE, probably 3.2 at the
moment.

HTH

AJ