Date:      Mon, 23 Mar 1998 20:18:23 -0500
From:      Drew Derbyshire - UUPC/extended software support <software@kew.com>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   build -current kernel on -stable?

I had a request to check a problem by building on a -current kernel on my
-stable test system.  while I have the disk space to install kernel, it had to
go on the second hard drive partition, which in my case is wd2s2.

For the record, the kernel gets really pissed off when you try this and it
can't find root.  I don't know if it's because there is a second FreeBSD slice
on the disk (wd2s3), no wd1, or what.

I'm trying to work through it with a build of the kernel on the -stable side.
I mounted the -current root and -current /usr (as /current/root and
/current/usr), and added -I/current/usr/include to the Makefile.

Should this work?  I'm using the -stable config, Make, and gcc -- I tweaked
the i386.options to make NPX Standard ...

--
Drew Derbyshire         UUPC/extended e-mail:  software@kew.com
                                   Telephone:  617-279-9812

AAAAAA - American Association Against Acronym Abuse Anonymous.