Date:      Thu, 21 Aug 1997 16:06:43 +0930
From:      Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
To:        Jason Bennett <jason@r33h141.res.gatech.edu>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Proc size mismatch

On Thu, Aug 21, 1997 at 01:44:30AM -0400, Jason Bennett wrote:
> I just recompiled my kernel to activate my Cyrix cache, but I'm getting a
> proc size mismatch with ps. This happened before, and I only solved it with
> a make world. Anything less drastic I can do?

Well, the correct answer *is* "Do a 'make world'".  But you can always
just remake ps.  Bear in mind, though, that this is an unclean thing
to do.  Theoretically you could run into trouble with other utilities
as well.  I'm currently remaking my world because of such problems.

To remake a program like ps, assuming you've done a 'make world' some
time in the past, do:

 # cd /usr/src/bin/ps
 # make all install

Greg