Date:      Fri, 11 May 2001 02:35:50 -0500
From:      mike@tgn.net (Michael Butler)
To:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Parsing whois output for specific data?

Hi

	I need to create a table of data from whois queries. I am
moving a good number of domains and some had been sold.=20

I need a tabular list showing in columns:
Domain Registrar Created Expires Primary Secondary

All the data from a typical whois query comes out in rows, sometimes
all on the same line, sometimes not. The data I need is kinda
scattered across alot of lines.=20

You can see why data like this lends itself to a spreadsheet that
would allow sorts to group expiration dates (to help in being sure
they are all paid on time) and name servers. Sometimes people change
name servers on their domains and we still have them set up.

Does anybody know of a script that allows me to select the fields I
want and the format I want for output? Actually it would be nifty to
do nslookups against the server I moved some domains to, just to be
sure they're there.=20

TIA