Date:      Tue, 29 Dec 1998 22:43:49 -0700
From:      "Douglas C. Garrick" <douggarrick@fiw.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   printing at ppp clients

I recently had a request from my management to implement a dialup
solution for some of our employees.  I decided to use a FreeBSD 3.0 box
as a dialup router, thus enabling access to our FreeBSD www server and
our DEC UNIX Oracle database server.  Most of the home users are using
Novell's LanWorkplace Pro for telnet services (because that's what we
use at the office) running on Windows something or other.  I got hit up
about printing from the Oracle Database on the DEC box.  /* the more i
write the less this sounds like a freebsd question */   Am I able to use
the lpd client on a windows / ppp client and  use that as the :rm: entry
for the FreeBSD printcap and direct printing from the UNIX apps to a the
remote client?