Date:      Wed, 29 Jan 1997 16:07:47 +0000
From:      Mark Blackman <markb@met.reading.ac.uk>
To:        Doug White <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: DOS/Cyrnwr <---> FreeBSD ???

well, a post (at end) from Tim Wilkinson from a year and half ago,
dredged up from the mail archive suggested it would.  and it looks
like that the patch mentioned made it into the kernel (2.1.6, dunno know
about 2.1.5 (yet)).

whether or not that patch actually worked with DOS+plip.com+NCSA-ftp/telnet,
it's not too clear. but the original patch message, specifically
mentioned both DOS and plip.com from Cyrnwr.  So i didn't think
it was too big a leap to infer that it should be working in the
current kernel.  you tell me.

does anybody beside me care if it works? i'm willing
to do a wee bit of fiddling if that helps.

for the record, BSD LPIP seems to at least halfway work, if i start
an install. (got a few odd error messages though).

Mark Blackman
Met. Dept.
Univ. of Reading
UK