Date:      Fri, 08 Mar 2002 12:37:27 +0000
From:      Brian Somers <brian@freebsd-services.com>
To:        Mark Murray <mark@grondar.za>
Cc:        Murray Stokely <murray@FreeBSD.org>, developers@FreeBSD.org, current@FreeBSD.org, re@FreeBSD.org, portmgr@FreeBSD.org, brian@freebsd-services.com
Subject:   Re: HEADS UP: Be nice to -CURRENT ( "1 week Feature Slush" )

> >   To this end, we would like to request that commits for the next 7
> > days to HEAD be made with special care.  -CURRENT is in pretty good
> > shape right now, so we're not requiring approval for all commits.
>
> I have a Perl-5.6.1 upgrade. Is that too risky? Apart from the perl
> stuff itself, there are some other makefiles and mtree things that
> need to be done. Also the ports will be affected (not by very much).

It's probably worth holding off for now and committing it after the 7
days.  The 2 months between then and the DP2 release can shake out
any problems it causes.

--
Brian <brian@Awfulhak.org>                        <brian@[uk.]FreeBSD.org>
      <http://www.Awfulhak.org>;                   <brian@[uk.]OpenBSD.org>