Date:      Tue, 06 Jan 1998 10:39:29 -0500
From:      Ron Steele <ron@dc.infi.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Diskless X Terminals

I used to run X on my old 486/25 with 16MB all the time.  I think you will
find that the video board has more to do with X performance than the speed
of the computer.  I used a Diamond SpeedStar  ET4000 (pre-accellerated)
based board.  I wouldn't recommend it for games, but it is quite usable for
editing, even Xemacs works fine.  I would go for it.