Date:      Fri, 15 Sep 2000 18:42:25 +0000
From:      Matthew Sos <msos@avicom.net>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   pcm strangeness on Athlon

Hi,

I'm having some odd problems with audio on my new Athlon box.  I've tried two
cards so far (serperately, of course) -- an Ensoniq 1371 and an older ISA
Sound Blaster 16.  Both cards pop and click while playing mp3s or wav sounds.
 The Ensoniq also tends to periodically emit an awful schreeching noise while
the cpu is under high load.  I never had this problem on my old Pentium II.
Sound output was good until I upgraded :(

I'm running a recent build of 4.1 stable and using the newpcm sound drivers.

Has any other Athlon user out there experienced this?  I'd be glad for any
suggestions.  Thanks!

Matt

--
Matthew Sos