Date:      Sat, 27 Sep 1997 14:41:33 +0200
From:      j@uriah.heep.sax.de (J Wunsch)
To:        freebsd-hackers@freefall.FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: r-cmds and DNS and /etc/host.conf

As Terry Lambert wrote:

> Of course, you should feel free to suggest to us any soloution which
> does not require us to run named to implement.  And not feel free to
> suggest running named.

It doesn't require named to run.  I have reconstructed your setup, and
proven that my named doesn't get any request if the setup is done
correctly.  As i've mentioned, the only pitfall was specifying
localhost without adding the local domain, and with 127.1 instead of
127.0.0.1 in /etc/hosts.

--
cheers, J"org