Date:      Wed, 19 Nov 1997 15:10:13 -0500
From:      Rob Miracle <rwm@mpgn.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Wierd File Descriptor problem

We have several programs that have been coming up with erratic problems of
late.  The typical error is a failed select with an invalid file
descriptor.  We see messages pop into the syslog about "Resource
temporarily unavilable".   Our file descriptor limit is at 2088 and we can
get about 1800 open on a straight machine (no software other than the OS
and our FD sucker program running).  We are running the latest MSQL and a
lot of backend daemons.   I don't know why we would hit a limit, but
something is amok.

What does "Resource temporarily unavaiable" mean?  Is it file descriptor
related?  Any help would be appreciated.  This machine is running 2.2.1.

Thanks
Rob

--
Rob Miracle <rwm@TanSoft.com>