Date:      Tue, 25 Apr 2000 07:18:08 -0700
From:      John <parsx@xoommail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   libstdc++ and FBSD 4.0 ---- please help

Greetings.

Ill get right to the point.

After upgrading from FBSD 3.4 to 4.0 I noticed that I
programs linked against the standard c++ lib were now
broken. :(  After some investigation, it appears that
my libc++.so.3 is was not built with the same gcc that
comes with the 4.0 system (cc -v = 2.95.2). However, its
creation/mod dates match those of the other binary distr.
programs--ie. it appears to  have been built at the same
time as the rest of the system.  Furthermore, certain
FBSD 4.0 packages wont dynamically link with this stdc++
lib. So, my question is where can I find the the
*current-4.0*
libstdc++ that works on a 4.0 system? Atleast, make
available the libstdc++ that the 4.0-packages are built
against.

Please dont suggest building from ports. That is not an
option.

Is there a developement 4.0 system around that I can
ftp to and get the binary?

Also, whats the deal with glibstdc++*.tgz? Why isnt there
a shared lib in that tarball?

Please advise.

Thanks you for you help,

doug.