Date:      15 May 1999 22:15:48 -0000
From:      root@phoenix.unacom.com
To:        FreeBSD-gnats-submit@freebsd.org
Subject:   ports/11727: bind8 bug

>Number:         11727
>Category:       ports
>Synopsis:       Character combinations halting bind8
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
>Environment:
None

when adding a database to the bind a file called 'pics4you' would cause bind to
halt on a reload or restart, however when the said file was renamed to picsforyou.db
the bind successfully completed reloading/restarting named. You first thought
was that bind may treat 's4' or '4u' as a code, and thus choke over it, since we
have other letter/number combinations such as 'web4cheap.db' which bind handles
without problems.

>How-To-Repeat:

As stated above our only problem with letter/number combinations was from the
file 'pics4you.db', so spoofing this domain (or attempting to enter a similar
name for a db file) should repeat this problem.

>Fix:

Unknown