Date:      Fri, 14 May 1999 10:42:13 +1000 (EST)
From:      Bruce Campbell <bc-freebsd@vicious.dropbear.id.au>
To:        FreeBSD Laptoppers <freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Controlling Laptop screens

As many people are aware of, when an organisation has had a piece of
equipment for some time, the manufacturer's documentation for the device
tends to vanish over time (ie, my work laptop).

I'm quite sure that there is some key combination on the laptop itself
which lets me switch the screen off, or toggle the external battery
discharge^W^WVGA output on or off, however what would be an 'interesting'
feature would be to be able to do this via FreeBSD itself.

Is there such a program (not that I've found one as yet) ?  Is it
worthwhile to have such a program ?  Is there a standard BIOS interface to
do this ?  Will my bottle of Jolt run out before I expect to finish it ?

--==--
Bruce.