Date:      Fri, 03 May 1996 10:35:49 +0700
From:      Riwan <riwanlky@rad.net.id>
To:        dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: PS/2 mouse

Doug White wrote:

> On Tue, 30 Apr 1996, Iwan Leonardus wrote:
>
> > I have a motherboard Tritron which have a mouse port on board
>
> You need to enable the PS/2 mouse driver.
>
> >From the FAQ:
>
> 4.7. I have a PS/2 mouse (``keyboard'' mouse) (Alternatively: I have a
> laptop with a track-ball mouse). How do I use it?
>
> You'll have to add the following lines to your kernel configuration file
> and recompile:
>
> device    psm0    at isa? port "IO_KBD" conflicts tty irq 12 vector psmintr
> # Options for psm:
> options   PSM_NO_RESET       #don't reset mouse hardware (some laptops)
>
> See configuring the kernel if you've no experience with building kernels.
>
> Once you have a kernel detecting psm0 correctly at boot time, make sure
> that an entry for psm0 exists in /dev. You can do this by typing:
>
>         cd /dev; sh MAKEDEV psm0
>
> When logged in as root.
>
> Note: Some PS/2 mouse controllers have a problem where the presence of
> the psm0 driver will cause the keyboard to lock up (which is why this
> driver is not present by default in the GENERIC kernel). This can
> sometimes be fixed by bouncing the NumLock key during the boot process.
> Also suggest going into CMOS setup and toggling any value for Numlock
> On/Off at boot time. The real fix is, of course, to merge the PS/2 mouse
> driver with syscons. Any volunteers? :)
>
> Doug White                              | University of OregonWell, I have did that all at my Triton motherboard (the kernel
reconfigure and compile) but the kernel didn't detect psm0 at
boot time, it said:
psm0: not found at 0x60
At the other computer I have (HP Vectra) it said:
psm0: at 0x60-0x63 irq 12 on motherboard

The Window 95 detect my PS/2 mouse port correctly at Triton

I don't know how the PS/2 mouse port is working, maybe I need to
read books about that to figure out what is the problem :(
I hope somebody can help:)

Iwan L