Date:      24 Jul 2003 00:15:56 +0300
From:      Ville =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Skytt=E4?= <scop@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-cvsweb@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: FAQ and a "no such file or directory" message

On Wed, 2003-07-23 at 21:40, John Stoner wrote:
> I've looked all over and I can't seem to find a FAQ
> for cvsweb, or much doc. If anyone knows of a FAQ,
> please direct me to it. (Actually, it would probably
> be a good idea to put a link on the subscription page
> for this list.)

I don't know of a FAQ, but have you noticed the INSTALL and README*
files in the FreeBSD-CVSweb distribution?

> when I hit the cvsweb script, I get an error page,
> saying
>
>   Error: cvs/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi: no such file or
> directory

What's the exact URL you're hitting?  What web server do you use?
Usually the scripts in web servers' cgi-bin directories are accessed
through URLs like http://your.server/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi

HTH,
--
\/