Date:      Thu, 11 May 2000 07:16:05 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Conrad Sabatier <conrads@home.com>
To:        Will Andrews <andrews@technologist.com>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ports/18357: Xswallow port, final version (promise!)  :-)

On 12-May-00 Will Andrews wrote:

> As you and MANY (the number is probably in the hundreds or so) other
> people have had such suspicion that the ports team somehow "rejects"
> ports, let me take a second to assure you that "outright rejections" are
> rare as most of us are usually willing to work on a port in order to
> normalize it, if necessary. Besides, if someone rejected your port, oh
> well, there's around 100-125 ports committers. The email above would
> best have been addressed to a particular committer with possible
> interest in your port. Just do yourself a favor and leave out the part
> about "outright rejection".  ;-)

:-)  I was hesitant to even mention that, for fear it might be
misinterpreted.  What I was thinking was that maybe there was another port
that had already filled the purpose of this one, and so it was considered
unnecessary or redundant.  Either that, or perhaps, given the occasionally
flakey e-mail service on @Home, that someone had written me about it and I
hadn't gotten their message, so it was assumed that I had lost interest or
wouldn't be a reliable maintainer.

I wasn't taking it personally.  :-)

> (this message written by a committer who created 50+ ports and to date
> maintains some 74 ports, or at least tries to. ;-)

Whoa!

> Anyway, I had some interest in your port when you submitted it, but at
> this time I have a 2.5hr physics senior final to take that starts in
> about 30 minutes. Other people probably have similar excuses these days.

Fair enough.  I wouldn't have even asked about it this soon, but it looked
like other port submissions were just zipping through, so I was wondering
if there was a problem.

Thanks.

--
Conrad Sabatier