Date:      Thu, 7 Aug 2003 15:17:25 +1200
From:      "Anthony O'Meara" <atom@atom.no-ip.org>
To:        "Adam Kranzel" <adam@blacktabby.org>
Cc:        freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: RAID controller problem on Digital Server 5305

I downloaded "cdboot-5.1-CURRENT-20030713-JPSNAP.iso" from
current.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/snapshots/alpha/ISO-IMAGES/
and burnt it to CD, I can view the cd on my Windows desktop, It has serveral
text files and a folder called boot

(Alpha cdrom:
    show device
    polling ncr0 (NRC 53C810) slot 1, bus 0 PCI, hoise 1    SCSI Bus ID 7
    dka400.4.0.1.1     DKA400     RRD46    1337
)

When I put the cd in the cdrom of the Alpha and go "b dka400"
    (boot dka400.4.0.1.1)
    block 0 of dka400.4.0.1.1 is not valid boot block
    bootstrap failture

Why?
(The Digital Server 5305 did not seem to like FreeBSD 5.1 floppy's either)
Have it downloaded the wrong image or done somthing wrong?
Does anyone have the cdboot iso for FreeBSD 5.0 maybe that would work?

Thanks again
Anthony