Date:      Tue, 23 Oct 2001 08:53:13 -0500
From:      Mike Meyer <mwm@mired.org>
To:        Andrey Simonenko <simon@simon.org.ua>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: How to enable Netscape plugins in Konqueror in KDE 2.2 ?

Andrey Simonenko <simon@simon.org.ua> types:
> Hi All,
>
> How to enable Netscape plugins in Konqueror in KDE 2.2?
> On RedHat 7.1 in Konqueror in KDE 2.0 I can chose "Netscape Plugins"
> option in the confiration window and set paths where to find Netscape
> plugins.
>
> Really I need to have Flash5 support in Konqueror (I use FreeBSD 4.4,
> X-3.3.6, KDE-2.2). Can anybody help with this?

The Netscape plugins only work with Linux binaries. So you need to
install the Linux version of Konquerer, meaning you'll need the rest
of the KDE libraries that it uses installed in your linux emulation as
well.

I'd suggest just keeping the linux version of Netscape around for when
you have to use Flash5.

> ps: please copy your answer on my email also.

That's SOP here.

	<mike
Q: How do you make the gods laugh?		A: Tell them your plans.