Date:      Tue, 17 Oct 2000 11:20:11 -0700
From:      "Erin" <Kahn@deadbbs.com>
To:        <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Adding an IP alias without a reboot.

I have a production machine whos IP is going to change. I have to add an
aliased IP to it for a while from a completely different subnet then by the
middle of next month have everything changed over (i.e. defaultrouter, dns
servers, etc.). I'd like to do this with out rebooting the machine if
possable.

The machine in question is a 3.3-RELEASE and is colocated with very limited
access.

Thanks,

Erin

mailto:kahn@deadbbs.com
http://www.deadbbs.com
http://www.fortenberry.net

"Can i dial 1-255-255-255255 and make every phone in the world ring?"

-- Tanuki