Date:      Tue, 29 Aug 2000 05:50:41 -0700 (PDT)
From:      deepika kakrania <deepika_77@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-net@freeBSD.ORG, freebsd-hackers@freeBSD.O
Cc:        deepika_77@yahoo.com
Subject:   Problem in calling ip_input()

Hi

 I have changed if_ethersubr.c slightly to support a
new protocol. In ehter_output, an additional header is
added for this protocol between ethernet herader and
IP header.

  ethernet header|New protocol header| IP header|
Transport layer header

In ether_input(), after doing neccesary checks for
this protocol,the packet is assigned to ipintrq for
normal ip processing in following manner.

 schednetisr(NETISR_IP)
  inq = &ipintrq;

 Now for testing when i send some ping packets with
this additional new header to a host(which supports
this new protocol), i find that i get reply only for
first packet after rebooting. For rest packets ,
ip_input is not being called even after packets are
enqued in ipintrq.

 Could anyone explain to me what can be the problem
here?

Thanks in advance.

regards,
deepika