Date:      Fri, 10 Nov 2000 10:29:21 -0800
From:      Allan Bowhill <abowhill@vservers.com>
To:        Jun Kuriyama <kuriyama@imgsrc.co.jp>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: apache-jserv

Jun Kuriyama wrote:

> At 9 Nov 2000 17:54:53 GMT,
> Charlie Root wrote:
> > This is a configure problem. I have submitted a patch which
> > fixes it. Check it out at:
> >
> > http://www.FreeBSD.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=22693
>
> I also have this problem.  But patching configure does not seem right
> thing.  I think configure.in has something wrong though I cannot
> imagine how to solve it...
>
> --
> Jun Kuriyama <kuriyama@imgsrc.co.jp> // IMG SRC, Inc.
>              <kuriyama@FreeBSD.org> // FreeBSD Project

Yeah, patching configure is a bit kludgy. I haven't quite got a handle
on how configure
gets configured. Somewhere along the way make is identifying itself as
/usr/bin/make.
Isn't there an operation in configure where running the "make" command
sets the ${MAKE} variable?

echo $ac_n "checking whether ${MAKE-make} sets \${MAKE}""... $ac_c" 1>&6

I wonder if that is causing the make misidentification. On the other
hand there are still
problems with the configure script, that needed to be patched.

--Allan