Date:      Wed, 31 May 2000 04:12:28 +0500
From:      "Ahsan Khan" <ahsank@one.net.pk>
To:        <questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   FreeBSD & FileDiscriptors.?

Dear Sir,

        I have recently installed FreeBSD because I use squid for cache on
Linux and I am facing lot of DISK IO problems,

    But in Free BSD I am facing the Problem to Increase the Maximum Limit of
FileDiscriptors. I have used following methods to increase it but it not
increased in Actual ..

here is the commands..
sysctl -w kern.maxfiles=XXXX
            sysctl -w kern.maxfilesperproc=XXXX

Please let me know how can I increase them .??

With Regards
Ahsan Khan
Sr. System Admin
Internet Division (OneNet)