Date:      Thu, 13 Feb 1997 10:50:45 -0600 (CST)
From:      Alec Kloss <alec@d2si.com>
To:        Harris_Isaac@CCMAIL.ncsc.navy.mil (Harris_Isaac)
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Installation Problem from Walnut Creek CDROM

Harris_Isaac is responsible for:
[snip]
>      to new kernel'.  Immediately after the dialog appears, I see the
>      message 'Fatal signal 10 caught! I'm dead'.
[snip]

When installing from a boot floppy from ftp.cdrom.com, this happens
to me as well.  I would hazard a guess that something goes
horribly wrong when the installation program tries to save
changes you made to the device configuration.  I rebooted and
re-did the changes I made to the kernel configuration and from
then on things have been fine.