Date:      Mon, 23 Sep 2002 11:16:44 +0200
From:      Matt Douhan <mdouhan@fruitsalad.org>
To:        "Karl M. Joch" <k.joch@kmjeuro.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: VoIP System with FreeBSD

On Monday 23 September 2002 00:50, Karl M. Joch wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i am trying to build a solution for the following:
>
> ------ 2Mbit Inet -----=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
> ------ ISDN lines -----freebsd box running
>                        h323-gatekeeper
>                        h323-proxy
>                        voip gateway
>                        PBX virtual
>                        fax server
>                        virtual answering machines
>                              ---------------------------- network (LAN/=
WAN)
> to h323 clients
>                              ---------------------------- some "normal
> fones (optional)
>
> checked lot of urls including openh323.org
>
> what i miss at the moment ist:
>
> software to make a virtual PBX
> software for the fax server or an addon for hylafax
> hardware/software to handle the voip-isdn part

Very ineteresting, we are currently trying the same thing, however we do =
use=20
Cisco Call Manager foir the PABX at the moment but would like to try=20
something else out, we use the IP softphone in ports and it does the job=20
well, if you get anywhere with this I would be very interested in sharing=
=20
knowledge with you, we also use some Cisco VG200 gateways to connect norm=
al=20
phones to the IP network using H.323

--=20