Date:      Fri, 14 Mar 2003 09:44:11 +0100
From:      Oliver Braun <obraun@unsane.org>
To:        Tim Aslat <tim@spyderweb.com.au>
Cc:        freebsd-ports <freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: XFree86 4.3.0 problem since upgrade

--T4sUOijqQbZv57TR

* Tim Aslat <tim@spyderweb.com.au> [2003-03-14 11:22 +1030]:
> After running a portupgrade yesterday from Xfree86 4.2.x I have run into
> a rather annoying problem.

> I have (had) 2 video cards in this machine (athlon 550 on an AMD 756
> board) the video cards are an Nvidia TNT2-M64 (32Mb AGP) and a matrox
> mystique (Matrox MGA 1024SG/1064SG/1164SG PCI) card as a secondary
> display.  this setup has been working fine for several months and a few
> upgrades of XFree86, however this time it's causing major problems.=20
> Running XFree86 -configure casues a console lockup, I can still ssh
> into the box and it works fine, just no console access at all.

I noticed exactly the same problem on two different boxes:

  Box 1:  2 x Matrox G400 with 3 Monitors
  Box 2:  Viper 550 + Matrox G100 with 2 Monitors

Have you already reported this to the XFree86 developers?
Someone should report it please.

Regards,
         Olli [ back to X4.2.1 ]
--=20
obraun@ -+-[ informatik.unibw-muenchen.de ]-+-[ IIS _ INF _ UniBwM ]
         |-[ FreeBSD.org                  ]-+-[ FreeBSD Commmitter ]
         |-[ unsane.org                   ]-+-[ everything __ else ]

--T4sUOijqQbZv57TR

--T4sUOijqQbZv57TR--