Date:      05 Nov 2001 13:06:35 -0800
From:      swear@blarg.net (Gary W. Swearingen)
To:        "Anthony Atkielski" <anthony@atkielski.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Java on FreeBSD)

"Anthony Atkielski" <anthony@atkielski.com> writes:

> No.  I'm saying that you should use the appropriate tool for the job.  I don't
> believe in developing religious attachments to software.
> ... This is why I will not buy any
> application written in Java; why should _I_ pay to save the _developer's_ time
> and money?

Looks like you've developed a religious detachment in this case.

Saving developer's time and money gets you a product sooner, or more
featureful, or cheaper, or some combination of those.  Do you use
only applications coded in assembly language?   There's a spectrum
there, and if you put aside your religious feelings, you'll find
that Java is a great fit for many common requirements, if not for
word processors or web browsers or whatever has disappointed you.