Date:      Tue, 23 Oct 2001 10:07:42 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Steve Brown <GTABUG>" <gtabug@prayforwind.com>
To:        "freebsd-questions@freebsd.org" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Hunting for compatible IDE-CDRW, please help.

Hello there,

I'm looking for an IDE CD-RW that with work with FreeBSD & BurnCD. I
already bought one incompatible CD-RW, this time I want to be reasonably
sure it will work *before* I part with my money.

I'd especially like to know if the Yamaha CRW2200E would work since it's
on sale right now. CRW2100E is on the compatible list, but it's out of
production.

Already checked http://www.freebsd.dk/ata/ but it appears somewhat out of
date; nothing on it is still availiable in my area.

If anyone out there has *any* recent IDE CD-RW working under FreeBSD,
please let me know make and model number.

Cheers, Steve