Date:      Tue, 30 May 2000 17:45:34 -0600
From:      "Duke Normandin" <dnormandin@freewwweb.com>
To:        "'freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org'" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   How to close a ppp connection?

Background: 3.3R on a standalone box

ppp / lynx are working great, except that I don't know (read , can't find)
how to shutdown a connection when I'm through. I use `/etc/start_if.tun0`
which contain `ppp -auto my_isp` to bring ppp up at boot-time. As it is,
I have to wait for `set timeout = 300` to kick in, or use `kill -HUP "ppp pid"
`.

-sidebar-
Buried somewhere deep in /usr/ are html-type docs etc in languages other
than English which are of no use to me. It is safe to nuke these dir / files?

-duke