Date:      Tue, 27 Aug 2002 08:08:44 -0400
From:      "C. A. Daelhousen" <cd9@buffalo.edu>
To:        Fook Sheng Chan <chanfs16@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: boot problems   F1 F5

On Tue, Aug 27, 2002 at 02:04:13AM -0700, Fook Sheng Chan wrote:

> As it is a server, i will prefer no user intervention
> is needed for it to be booted, can anyone advise?

You could try a different boot manager--GRUB is my personal favorite,
but it's somewhat difficult to initially set up. Install it from ports
(/usr/ports/sysutils/grub) and then read the info page carefully. Put it
on a floppy first. Note that you'll need to add "conv=osync" to the dd
command for stage2.

If you still want to use the FreeBSD boot manager, it would be wise to
post the following information to the list:
- what drives you have (e.g. ad0, ad1)
- what slices and partitions are on each (e.g. ad0s1a=/)

--
..: Chad Daelhousen == cd9@buffalo.edu :.........: sig v3.1 :...
: Programming for 10 +/- 2 years (50 +/- 10% of a lifetime)    :