Date:      Wed, 19 Dec 2007 15:05:37 -0000
From:      =?iso-8859-1?Q?Nuno_Gon=E7alves?= <nuno@fccn.pt>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Bare Metal Recovery FreeBSD How To

Hi all,

=20

I am trying to do a Bare Metal Recovery from a FreeBSD 6.0 system to a
different Hardware.

I have a backup from all partitions of the affected system so I am =
trying to
install a minimum FreeBSD 6.0 in a different hardware which I already =
have
up and running.

I created a Swap Partition, a =93/=94 partition where the minimum system =
is
running, and a third partition =93/backup=94 in which I will restore the =
backup
through the network.

Next step will be to change the boot manager and make it boot through
=93/backup=94.

=20

Do you guys think this is doable?

I Think I probably must recompile the kernel after the bare metal =
recovery
because the hardware is different, still do you think it might work?

What is your opinion on this? What should be the best approach ?

Thanks for reading and=20

Best regards=20

=20

Nuno