Date:      Fri, 18 Oct 1996 23:43:33 -0400 (EDT)
From:      wb2oyc@cyberenet.net
To:        camattin@ncsu.edu
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: cdrom oddity

On 18-Oct-96 camattin@ncsu.edu wrote:
>(ahc0:6:1): "TEAC CD-ROM CD-56S 1.0D" type 5 removable SCSI 2
>cd1(ahc0:6:1): CD-ROM
>cd1(ahc0:6:1): ILLEGAL REQUEST asc:25,0 Logical unit not supported
>can't get the size
>
>(And continues up through LUN 7).

Chris,
I've seen this same behavior on Redhat Linux, when using the AHA-1505
and in fact, the very same CD drive.  In my case, it was due to the
driver expecting the controller to be ID 0, and I had the drive at 0.
That is, backwards from the default (at least as supplied in my case).
Setting the proper expectations resolved it for me.  Setting the ID of
the controller to 7, did the trick for me.

Paul

E-Mail: wb2oyc@cyberenet.net
Date: 10/18/96
Time: 23:43:35