Date:      Fri, 12 Sep 2014 21:49:19 +0000
From:      "Rang, Anton" <anton.rang@isilon.com>
To:        Baptiste Daroussin <bapt@FreeBSD.org>, Craig Rodrigues <rodrigc@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-current Current <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>, ports <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>, Emanuel Haupt <ehaupt@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: shells/bash port, add a knob which symlinks to /bin/bash ?

> If you want interoperability just use /usr/bin/env bash as a shebang.

That doesn't work for this use case -- the user shell coming from LDAP -- b=
ut I agree that the port shouldn't be modifying /usr/bin.

It's easy enough to add the symlink manually after installing the port if y=
ou're in this situation, or there may be a way to configure the LDAP module=
 to map /bin/bash to /usr/local/bin/bash (I haven't looked to see what is s=
upported here).

Anton