Date:      Fri, 8 Apr 2005 11:46:07 GMT
From:      Jacobo Saúl Arvelo Estévez <unix4all@gulic.org>
To:        freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   kern/79677: Really broken SATA support in FreeBSD 6-CURRENT

>Number:         79677
>Category:       kern
>Synopsis:       Really broken SATA support in FreeBSD 6-CURRENT
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
With the latest commit of ATA to cvs-src ( http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/cvs-src/2005-April/044367.html ) the SATA support in my FreeBSD box is really broken, my SATA Controller ( SiL3112a ) now is totally unusuable, FreeBSD 6-CURRENT prior to this commit its was pretty usable, with somes TIMEOUT DMA TRYING messages, but with the new ATA commits when appears the first TIMEOUT DMA TRYING it totally freezes and a lot of error messages ( from kernel ) appears in console, here a transcription:

g_vfs_done():ad4s2a[READ(offset=625164288, length=8192)]error = 6

Sorry for the little info but now I can´t access to the system, it freezes @ the FS check
>How-To-Repeat:
Update to the latest sources of HEAD and run this with an SiL3112a SATA Controller
>Fix:
The problem not exists with the previous commit.