Date:      Sat, 23 Mar 2013 19:43:18 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Jeffrey Bouquet <jeffreybouquet@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   pkg_add persistent error...

#pkg_add codelite-5.0.6213.tbz
pkg_add: corrupted record for package codelite-5.0.6213 (...), ignoring
pkg_add: leave_playpen: can't chdir back to ''

This error randomly occurs on a tenth of programs (usually gnome, sometimes
p5-) that I transfer from machine to machine (same installworld...) via=20
thumbdrive.=A0 Not usually a big problem, but some ports (codelite for inst=
ance)
then need an additional many minutes or hours of building *again*.
I posted the question on the forums a while back, but no one knew.
2nd subject...

Should the freebsd forums have=A0 subsections (lang, x11...)

/lang/
[bug] how to choose perl threaded
[hint] python for numeric CLI computations
[fix] {some port...} builds with gcc not clang...

/x11/
[fix] yad built with...

... etc etc.
Not only is this a feature they'd be hard put to put to use in other
operating systems, but it may lessen the backlog of PR's if maintainers, sa=
y,
check new posts and fix it locally without the need for PR's, essentially=
=20
having a bit more streamlining, at the cost of de-standardization of a sort=
.

J. Bouquet=20