Date:      Wed, 14 Feb 2001 19:58:32 -0800
From:      Dima Dorfman <dima@unixfreak.org>
To:        Matthew Reimer <mreimer@vpop.net>
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Reproducible kernel panic during boot; probably SCSI-related

> I wasn't able to get a dump because *dumpdev = 0xffffffff. (Does anyone
> know how to get dumpdev set properly this early in the boot process? In
> -current one could use "show /disk/da0s1b" but we don't have that in
> -stable.)

There was a thread on -hackers about this a few weeks ago ("capturing
an early kernel dump").  See:
http://docs.FreeBSD.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=571506+0+archive/2001/freebsd-hackers/20010204.freebsd-hackers

> Any ideas?

As far as I can remember, this was the only change to anything
SCSI-related in RELENG_4 in the last few days:

----------------------------
revision 1.14.2.3
date: 2001/02/12 01:28:30;  author: mjacob;  state: Exp;  lines: +16 -8
MFC: fixing SSD_KEY_RECOVERED_ERROR to be the non-error it is and making
MFC: sure we're chatty on ABORTED COMMAND errors.

If you don't get any better ideas, you may want to try backing that
out and see if it helps.

Hope this helps

					Dima Dorfman
					dima@unixfreak.org