Date:      Wed, 26 Jul 2000 12:56:49 -0700
From:      Mike Smith <msmith@freebsd.org>
To:        "Petr Murmak" <murmak@artum.cz>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Promise-66 RAID

> Hi!
>
> I have RAID version of Promise ATAPI 66 card (FastTrak66).
>
> In bios i make one mirrored virtual disk from two physical disks. Then I
> started installation of FreeBSD 4.0-RELEASE.
> But in installation seems, that FreeBSD know both physical disks.
>
> So, is this card supported as RAID, or I must use it as normal ATAPI?

The FastTrak cards are not RAID cards; they are dual-port ATA cards with
(lame) RAID software in the BIOS on the card.  They require Windows
drivers which take over the RAID work once you have booted Windows, or
you can use them as plain dual-port ATA-66 cards.

If you want a supported ATA RAID solution, see www.3ware.com.