Date:      Tue, 11 Dec 2001 05:17:56 +0100 (MET)
From:      Siegbert Baude <siegbert.baude@student.uni-ulm.de>
To:        Raf_Schietekat@ieee.org
Cc:        FreeBSD-questions <FreeBSD-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: kdm op 4.4-R

Hello Ralf,

> So, let's try this another way. Has anyone gotten kdm to work on 4.4-R?
> How did you do it?

Yes, I have it working on 4.4-Stable, cvsupped some days ago.
I compiled XFree86-4 out of the ports, added x11/wrapper (not needed for
kdm, but to enable ordinary users to "startx") and afterwards did a
portupgrade -N x11/kde2

Now I changed the global configuration files for xdm and xinit (instead
of doing this in each user's home directory) to start
/usr/local/bin/startkde instead of the standard twm+xterms+goodies.
Those xdm/xinit config files are found in:
/etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc
/etc/X11/xdm/Xsession

Hope this helps.

Ciao